Bithoven is a cryptocurrency exchange based in the Caribbean offering excellent crypto trading services for new users in 2019. People who join Bithoven today receive 100 Dogecoin (DOGE) for free – and who couldn’t use some extra DOGE in their life? In the Bithoven Review to come, we’ll explain Bithoven’s unique features, major selling points, and methods by which they stand apart from the competition.
About Bithoven – Straightforward Crypto Exchange Services
Bithoven offers trading of more than 300 altcoins (and Bitcoin, of course). Their trading fees are a reasonable 0.20% for makers and takers. This is a little more than a competitor like Binance exchange, but less than other industry leaders like Bittrex. We especially like that Bithoven doesn’t put any kind of limit on daily deposits and withdrawals – a major downside to starting a new trading account with other industry exchanges.
Bithoven also boasts fault tolerance, near 100% platform uptime, and diverse trading types – all of which will appeal to the discerning and sophisticated crypto investor. Despite this, Bithoven is also appropriate for beginners, who will feel welcomed by the site’s simple design and intuitive functionality.
Bithoven’s World Class Customer Support
Bithoven’s approach to customer support stands out in this industry. We’re used to working with major exchanges that take days to respond to tickets, have sparse chat support, and sometimes fail to respond to issues in any way. Bithoven provides a welcome contrast.
We’re impressed that Bithoven’s customer support works 7 days per week, 24 hours per day. It’s customary for crypto exchanges to work only normal business hours, within a specific world time zone. This often leads to situations where you might need help at 3 PM on a Wednesday but, because the exchange is headquartered on the other side of the world, their support staff is home for the day.
We’ve found Bithoven’s email support to be responsive within 5 hours, and other users seem to indicate that even faster times can be had. We’re also happy to report that support chat is near-instantaneous, no matter when you’re logged on. It’s great for a newer exchange to offer 24/7 chat so Bithoven definitely scores high marks for this.
Bithoven’s Strong Trading Interface
No crypto exchange will succeed if it doesn’t have a successful trading interface. Bithoven strikes the perfect balance here, between sophistication and simplicity. We’ve found the interface to be very intuitive to use, though well adaptable to personal preference.
For example, the user can transform the layout of their personalised interface, moving blocks around to fit their needs, etc. They can also choose Day or Night settings for the look that best suits their tastes. Charting is similarly customisable, with every variation of line and candle graphs you’re likely to use, and some you probably haven’t ever tried before.
Additional Bithoven Features
- More Than 300 Altcoins Available: EOS, NEO, XLM, ETH, and many, many more – Bithoven is a new exchange but they already have most of the coins you want to trade. Bithoven also has a fast-paced listing process, so if you have a coin of your own you’d like to list, or you’re part of a community that wants to see a coin listed on Bithoven, contact the company to start the conversation.
- International OTC Trading: Bithoven accepts new users from all over the world, with no regional restrictions. This is a great feature, as certain regions are routinely locked out of the previous generation of crypto exchanges.
- Reliable Security: We don’t like to recommend any crypto exchange that doesn’t feature Two-Factor Authentication. Fortunately, Bithoven does have 2FA, which will provide an extra layer of protection beyond the normal password.
- Support: Bithoven obviously wants to portray itself as a friendly exchange. In our early experiments with the site, we’ve found their customer service to be very responsive, and we had no problem getting an email message from a human being less than 5 hours after we made our initial request. Chat support was near instant. Of course, your mileage may vary, but early reviews from other sources all seem to indicate that customer service is a strong point for Bithoven.
- Strong Liquidity Across All Tradable Assets: We didn’t see any coin on Bithoven that didn’t have at least modest liquidity. This can be a point of failure for new exchanges which feature trading of lots of different cryptos. The smaller coins may simply not be traded frequently enough to justify their inclusion on the site. Fortunately, this is not a problem with Bithoven.
How Bithoven Stands out in a Crowded Field
There are seemingly hundreds of active crypto exchanges out there. How does Bithoven set itself apart in a very crowded field?
- Sophisticated Order Types: Bithoven offers not just the standard Market and Limit Orders, but also Scaled Orders. This latter type allows you to make multiple limit orders with the same conditions in a single sitting. This is chiefly a time-saving feature for active traders.
- No Deposit Fees: Bithoven doesn’t charge fees for deposits, no matter how many you make. As we’ve said before, avoiding cryptocurrency fees entirely is virtually impossible and so you will find withdrawal fees with Bithoven. That said, those depend on network fees specific to the cryptocurrency in question and are not the way Bithoven makes its money. Bithoven’s profits come from trading and, again, this is charged at a reasonable rate of 0.20% of all trades, to both maker and taker.
- Free Doge Coin!: There is no more fun cryptocurrency than Dogecoin DOGE. This meme coin has been around since the early days of cryptocurrency, and it remains one of the most widely traded and used altcoins, with a user community that’s as excellent as they come. When you sign up with Bithoven, you get 100 free Dogecoin just for registering. These can immediately be traded against other coins on Bithoven, so you could theoretically make a profit trading crypto on Bithoven without ever making a deposit!
- Best Cryptocurrency Exchange Nomination: You’ll be able to see Bithoven competing against other qualified exchanges in the upcoming Best Cryptocurrency Exchange field at the Blockchain Life Awards 2019. Stay tuned.
- Referral Program: Bithoven will have a referral program up and running in the coming days. This is an excellent option, as numerous traders and influencers use exchange referrals to make a little extra income while taking advantage of the exchange’s other standard services.
Bithoven isn’t a totally unique cryptocurrency exchange, but they do what they do really well. We like the simple feature set that Bithoven’s team has put together. It appeals to a broad range of crypto users, including beginners and experienced traders. Bithoven is still an up-and-coming exchange, so we’re very impressed at the level of quality that it has been able to offer its early adopters. If Bithoven can sustain this level of quality, and build more features into its already strong exchange, Bithoven could soon be among the leaders in this market.